Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and Bookish, and it’s a listers dream post! Today I’m sharing The Last 10 Books I Added to my Goodreads Shelves, and filling you on what exactly this means for me. Hint it doesn’t mean I’ll be reading them next!
The Last 10 Books I Added to my Goodreads Shelves
I don’t own any of these books, and adding them to my shelf is an intent to read them, rather than a commitment to read them. They are books that I’ve read reviews for, seen others add to their Goodreads shelf (I’m stalker), fallen in love with the covers, are written by authors I love, feature themes I love, are surrounded by hype or just because. Which are all great reasons in my eyes to consider reading a book.
Now that I’ve added them to my Goodreads shelf, what do I do next?
- lust after them
- set about acquiring them
- feel that bookish elation when I buy/borrow/receive one
- admire them on my shelves
- take bookstagram photos of them
- think about reading them
- feel guilty for not reading them
- add them to seasonal to-read lists
- promptly ignore lists and read other books
- hopefully someday actually read
Talk to Trish: Have you read any of these? Do any catch your eye? How much time usually elapses between you getting a book and actually reading it?