There is nothing like a proverb for some good old-fashioned, common sense wisdom. I thought I’d put a spin on some well-known ones and redo them with a literary twist. These are my 10 bookish proverbs that I abide by at all times! Well except number 6, I can’t stop myself from doing this!
Trish’s 10 Bookish Proverbs to Live By
1. Keep your friends close and your books closer
2. A rolling to-be-read list gathers no moss
3. There is no bookshelf like your own bookshelves
4. Don’t bite the book-lover hand that feeds you (*waves at snarky authors*)
5. One readers trash is another readers treasure
6. You can’t judge a book by its cover
7. A bookish fool and his money are soon parted
8. Books are girl’s best friend
9. A book in the hand is worth two in the bookshop
10. A genre change is as good a rest
Bookish Chat : Do you have any bookish proverb that you insist on following? Do you agree/disagree with any of mine? I’d love to hear from you!