Welcome to The Sunday Post, a weekly meme hosted by Kim the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Grab a cuppa and let me bend your ear (eyes?) for a few minutes with my bookish news. This week I’ve calling reset time in my life.
Between My Sundays – what happened this week
I had an a-ha moment during the week, where I realised I just wasn’t happy with myself. And it was a major call to reset my life. It’s mostly related to my weight, for years I had it under control. But ever since I broke my humorous, the weight has piled on. Even though the injury is now a bad memory, and a low grade pain in my arm at times, it has continued to affect me.
Although in truth that break was literally the straw that broke the camels back. I had survived our heartbreaking miscarriage, which was our last chance to have a baby. Then my brother’s death. And my Dad going blind. But breaking my humorous broke something within me.
During that time, to numb the horrendous pain, I comfort ate. Now that I was forced to sit, as I literally couldn’t move for a few weeks, I had to finally grieve everything that had happened in the run up to that. So I comfort ate. Same all the way through physio, I pushed and pushed through the pain with great results. But I numbed the physical pain with food.
And then I was back in old patterns, and never stopped. Until now. I’m back, I feel strong, I feel ready to tackle that unwanted weight. I had been fooling myself that I was exercising loads, so those extra treats didn’t matter. Deep down I knew better. But maybe it was what I had to do at that time. It’s just weight, I know what I need to do. And no better woman to grit her teeth and go for it!
So it’s reset time. And as my 50th birthday is next year, I’ve started Operation Fit Fab and Fifty. I plan to be in a much healthier body by the time that day rolls round. Somehow the time is right now, and I feel excited to bring myself back.
What happened on Between My Lines:
- [20 Apr] The Argument by Victoria Jenkins ★★½
- [20 Apr] End Game by Anna Smith ★★★★
- [20 Apr] Rewind by Catherine Ryan Howard ★★★★
- [21 Apr] Top Ten Tuesday : Titles That Would Make Good Band Names
What happened in the blogosphere:Check out some of my favourite #bookblogger posts this week, lots of lovely #bookdiscussions and bookish musings! Click To Tweet
- Of Wonderland displays her fab collection of Tarot Cards
- The Emerald City Book Review wonders Do you like books about fighting?
- Curiouser and Curiouser shares 5 Bad Reading Habits that she has.
Books I have received to review:
None this week. No harm. I’ve 18 NetGalleys to read and review, and some physical books too. I’m really looking forward to catching up with myself a bit.
- I had to buy the final 2 book’s in Katie McGarry’s Thunder Road series, because once I started, I gobbled them up. What a fab romantic and edgy young adult series. Gossip Girl meets Sons of Anarchy!
- Conviction was 99p on Amazon and sounded great. What a tagline! Plus it’s a Reese Witherspoon, Hello Sunshine bookclub pick, and I always enjoy those.
- I saw a great review for Up to the Pointe on a blog. Can’t for the life of me remember where, but I love dance books. So I one-clicked straight away.
No new library books this week.
Calling that a wrap on this week. Happy Reading to all.