I’m delighted to join this blog tour today with a book that I’ll be recommending me all round me this summer. I loved it!
Thanks to Century for giving me for giving me a copy of this book for review consideration. As always, no matter what the source of the book, you get my honest, unbiased opinion.Come Back For Me by Heidi Perks
Published by Century Genres: Crime, Suspense
Source: Received from Publisher
Buy on Amazon
A shocking discovery. An island wrapped in secrets.
A tiny island community is stunned by the discovery of a long-buried body.
For Stella Harvey the news is doubly shocking. The body has been found in the garden of her childhood home - the home her family fled without explanation twenty-five years ago.
Now, questioning her past and desperate to unearth the truth, Stella returns to the isolated island. But she quickly finds that the community she left isn’t as welcoming as she remembers – and that people in it will go to any length to protect their secrets. One thing rings true…You can’t bury the truth forever.
First Line of Come Back For Me
We left in a storm.
My thoughts on Come Back For Me
This book delighted my senses, especially the part of me that longs to up sticks and move to a tiny island.
5 Things I Loved:
- Intrigue: I had no clue what direction the book would take, and I love when a book surprises me. Why did the family up and leave the island so quickly? So many questions, so many complex answers.
- The setting: I adore Island settings, and I loved all descriptions that made me vividly picture the Island. The map was the icing on the cake for me.
- The main character – Stella: I really enjoyed how fleshed out she was, and I love when an adult character has to revisit their childhood and try to make sense of it. We get to see the events unfurl when Stella was a child, and also in the present timeline, and tying them together hooked all my attention.
- Complex family dynamics: You immediately sense that nothing is straightforward in this family’s history and you would be right. Ditto every other family on this island.
- Rising Tension: Nothing is uncovered quickly in this book, and I loved the tantalisingly slow reveal as it kept me gripped to the pages.
Overall a great book to keep you entertained and flipping the pages quickly.
|Did I feel it?|