April was a bit of a hit and miss reading month. The weather was pretty good, so I wanted to be on the go, which meant less reading time. But thanks to audiobooks, I still read a good few. The final tally was 10 books for the month.
Books I read in Apr 2019
Apr 2019 book awards
Favourite Book: The Flatshare just so light-hearted, fun and adorable
Most Anticipated Book: No Way Out. I am obsessed with this police procedural and am already looking forward to the next book in the series
Book that I’m still thinking about: The Country Girls mostly as it ended very abruptly and I need to read on in the trilogy to see what happened next.
Book you all need to read: 47 Seconds. A new police procedural set in Ireland with a shocking and dark storyline. And a very prickly main character who I loved peeling back on the layers on to discover why she is that way.
Funniest Book: The Flatshare. There was lots of snorting from me!
Favourite Cover: Girls with Sharp Sticks. It’s the kind of cover that you need to take a second look at to see all the detail.
Book that made me feel like I needed a therapy session: Call Me Star Girl filled me up with shattered, complicated feelings. And I need to discuss this brilliant book, so let me know if you’ve read it too.
Most Disappointing book: Louis & Louise. Brilliant concept (Louis and Louise are the same person, born in to the same family. But in one version born a girl, and in the other born a boy). However, the execution didn’t work for me. I skimmed a lot to finish it.
Quote of the month: From The Country Girls. I like it because it reveals so much about the “friendship” between the girls.
I got through 10 books in April 19, come see which ones got my book awards of the month! #amreading #bookbloggers Click To Tweet
Coy, petty, malicious Baba was my friend and the person I feared most after my father
Beyond the Books
“April… hath put a spirit of youth in everything.” – William Shakespeare
- I attended 2 yoga classes most weeks, and got to two yoga workshops too. My at home practise is non existent, so I want to try and rectify that in May.
- The weather is warm enough to read outdoors again. That makes me very happy.
- The fine weather meant lots of day trips on Saturdays which I can never get enough of. We got to a few beaches, made a trip to a nearby city, and visited a castle. Not too bad!
- My monthly goal was to go to the cinema once a month, as I enjoy it and don’t do enough of. We went to Pet Cemetery. It was ok. On the other hand the popcorn was delicious and that’s half the reason for a cinema trip, right?!
- Game of Thones being back on TV has made my Monday nights a lot more exciting. I’m still SHOOK from this week’s episode – The Battle of Winterfell.