Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This weeks theme is Outrageous Things I’ve Done for the Love of Books
- If you work in a bookshop, jump straight to no 2 or you will hate me! I rearrange books, if I see a book I love, I give it prime bookshelf space so someone else gets a chance to discover it.
- I’ve bought the same book as a physical book, an ebook and an audiobook. I like choice!
- I stole a book from my school library. Don’t worry I brought it back. And I have no idea why I didn’t just ask if I could read it. Surely the teacher would have been delighted.
- When house hunting, the first thing I always considered was where would my books go. That sorted, I’d then consider if I liked the kitchen, etc.
I’m a book sniffer and a book fondler, I love running my hands over all the shiny spines and picking up books just to flick pages in bookshops. Flicking through a book is such a lovely, satisfying sound
- I’ve risked accidents by walking while reading. Thank goodness audiobooks came along, and put a stop to that bad habit of mine.
- If a book is great, I sit in my car reading it, before heading in home.
- And if it’s amazing, I’ll do sneaky page reads at work.
- I’ve held entire conversations with my husband, without hearing a word, because I’ve been reading my book at the same time.
- Pre kindle days, I always packed an extra bag just for my books when going on holidays.