Welcome to The Sunday Post, a weekly meme hosted by Kim the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Grab a cuppa and let me bend your ear (eyes?) for a few minutes with all my bookish news. What I’m focusing on this week is setting my April goals, the first I’ve actually set so far this year.
Between My Sundays – what happened this week
- Stick to my new gym program and also walk at lunchtime during the week.
- Track my food properly. I’ve been hit and miss all year. Tracking for a few days, then giving up. That cycle stops this month! I know not everyone likes tracking but I know it works for me, when I do it properly. You manage what you monitor is something Gretchen Rubin often refers to and I one hundred percent agree.
- Have an adventure every Saturday. I have very limited free time between work, family life, gym/yoga time, and spending time with elderly parents, but Saturday is my fun day. I want to make the most of it by travelling somewhere nearby and enjoying my downtime with my husband.
- Go the cinema once during the month. Might seem like a silly goal, but if I write it down, then I make it happen. Normally I’m bad at focusing on something for 90 minutes, but at the cinema I really switch off (including my phone!) and enjoy the experience. So I want to make a point of going regularly.
What I’m Watching:
I finished series 2 of Friends from College. Bring on season 3, as I need to know what happens next.
And I’ve started How to Get Away with Murder. Highly recommended by one of my friends for the all twists. So far I’m only 3 episodes in, but I was hooked from the first episode. Fast paced shows with menacing foreshadowing are exactly my jam.
Second Chance Sunday – What happened here:
- [1 Apr] Books I read in Mar 2019
- [2 Apr] Top Ten Tuesday : Things That Make Me Pick Up a Book!
- [4 Apr] Sleep by C.L. Taylor
Second Chance Sunday – What happened in the blogosphere:Check out some of my favourite #bookblogger posts this week via Second Chance Sunday! Click To Tweet
Fictionophile shares an infographic for 12 common confusing words.
The Perpetual Page Turner has the cutest post on Fun Book Themed Easter Baskets
Herding Cats & Burning Soup dishes the lowdown on Coupons & Rebates (Tips for Saving)
Books I have received to review:
Being a people pleaser is a bad habit of mine. So when I was offered a chance to review the audiobook of Backbone Power the Science of Saying No by Anne Brown, it felt like a growth opportunity for me. So I jumped at it!
Apple of My Eye by Claire Allan was down to 99p on amazon, and I snatched it up. I loved her first thriller last year, so I’m excited to read more in this new genre for her. I also have a historical fiction book on my kindle by Claire, but I haven’t read that yet.
No new books this week. Mostly because I haven’t read a single page of the ones I already have out on loan!
Calling that a wrap on this week. Happy Reading to all.
Talk to Trish: Firstly, how was your week? Secondly, does anything in my Sunday Post catch your eye, if so let’s talk! Finally, if you do a Sunday Post, make sure and leave a link.