The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kim the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Grab a cuppa and let me bend your ear (eyes?) for a few minutes with all my bookish news. A new month means time to set November Goals that move my life in the direction I want it to go.
Between My Sundays – what happened this week
I like setting new goals every month as they keep me focused and on track. They say if your goals don’t scare you, then they’re not big enough. My goals this month do intimidate me, but I’m shooting for them.
- Run 7 miles (my longest run yet) by the end of Nov
- Do a 30 day yoga challenge – (YouTube yoga with Adriene)
- Continue tracking daily on My Fitness Pal. Currently on a 144 day streak and determined not to break it.
- Participate in HoHoHo readathon
- Read 6 arcs, more on this in my State of the Arc post
- Write reviews ASAP
My goals got off to a good start, but then I was struck with a migraine yesterday. So I’ve already broken my 30 day yoga challenge. But whatever I’ll just keep going, life happens.
Second Chance Sunday – What happened here:
- [31 Oct] Top Ten Tuesday: Scary Book Titles
- [1 Nov] State of the ARC – November 17
- [3 Nov] The Surrogate by Louise Jensen ★★★★
Second Chance Sunday – What happened in the blogosphere:
Metaphors and Moonlight wants More Books About Characters With Disabilities And Medical Needs In Apocalypses And Post-Apoc Worlds
Books I have received to review:
Thanks to Aria Fiction for The Girl I Used to Know. I saw a comparison to Patricia Scanlan’s writing in the blurb and I couldn’t resist.
Books I have bought:
I can’t remember how I came across these but I saw them described as “Malory Towers for grown ups” which was all I needed to know. And I’m nearly finished Class and have to agree that is exactly what they are. Basically if you love fun, heart-warming reads in a fab boarding school setting, then these are for you.
Calling that a wrap on this week. Happy Reading to all.
Talk to Trish: Firstly, how was your week? Secondly, does anything in my Sunday Post catch your eye, if so let’s talk! If you do a Sunday Post, make sure and leave a link.