The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kim the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Grab a cuppa and let me bend your ear (eyes?) for a few minutes with all my bookish news. This week features the wife on the run edition!
Between My Sundays – what happened this week
Wife on the Run!
The two best parts of my week were.
- Celebrating 14 years married. We exchanged small gifts and didn’t really do anything special to celebrate. But we’ve just faced our toughest year yet since we got married, and there is no one else I’d rather go through it with. And we decided next year, we’ll return to Rome to celebrate our 15 years. The scene of the crime as that’s where we got married. I’m excited already.
- Park Runs! Park run started up in my area over the summer. This week I completed my 4th run, and I’m addicted. It’s a fab way to start my Saturdays. Now I’m determined to rejoin my local running group, as I had forgotten how much fun it is to run with others.
What I’m watching:
Just Game of Thrones. But, that’s enough! I’m itching to see how this series is going to end. And then I guess I’ll have to find a new one to start. I did try Riviera, but it was a bit too slow for me. I feel I might not have given it enough of a chance though, maybe I’ll attempt another episode or two.
There is a fab giveaway on my Facebook page for a large paperback edition of Keep You Safe by Melissa Hill. A fab women’s contemporary fiction centred around a controversial court case. If that’s your thing, give it a shot. Open internationally, closes Monday evening.
Second Chance Sunday – What happened here:
Second Chance Sunday – What happened in the blogosphere:
Novel Ink Blog showcases Madalyn’s Favorite Bookstores Around The World
Herding Cats and Burning Soup explains Ways To Use A Planner
Bookworm Brandee features 7 Highly Practical Tips To Read More Effectively
Books I have received to review:
- Harlan Coben is on my “must-read author” list. So on approval for Don’t Let Go, I skipped around the room.
- The Cottingley Secret drew me in with its whimsical theme. It arrived with fairy dust! So hopefully a sparkling read lies ahead of me 🙂
- Running With Mindfulness is an experiment. Normally I run with headphones, and do all I can to distract myself. This will be something new.
Books I have bought:
I guess I was in a YA sort of mood.
- I bought In A Perfect World for the Egypt setting
- Pointe has a ballet setting. Enough said.
- Wing Jones features a running theme. Again enough said.
Calling that a wrap on this week. Happy Reading to all.
Talk to Trish: How was your week? Does anything in my Sunday Post catch your eye, if so let’s talk! If you do a Sunday Post, make sure and leave a link.