The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kim the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Grab a cuppa and let me bend your ear (eyes?) for a few minutes with all my bookish news. It’s MayDay weekend here, so I’m enjoying the 3 day weekend, and taking the opportunity to return to The Sunday Post.
Between My Sundays – what happened this week
Hello….is there anyone there…. I don’t know how I haven’t done a Sunday Post in so long, but time has just slipped away. And I promised myself I’d never force blogging, I would wait until I really wanted to do it. And today, I just woke up thinking I really, really want to do a Sunday Post, catch up with my old Sunday Post friends, and meet new ones. So hello, long time to talk, and I really have missed you all.
Happy Mayday to all my Europe folks, I don’t think it’s a holiday in the US, but here it’s a workers holiday. And any long weekend is a reason for celebration, more time to do all the things I love. Unfortunately it’s also a wet weekend this year, so I had to take a rain-check (literally) on my fun outdoor plans. But lots of time for blogging, reading and Netflix, so yay!
Between My Reads.
I haven’t been reading a lot lately, as I’m in a bit of book slump. So when I wasn’t reading, I was
- Binge watching Sons of Anarchy. I am so in love with this show, and have a soft spot for all the characters, even the ones I shouldn’t have a soft spot for.
- I’ve also watched some of Thirteen Reasons Why. I’m only on episode 3, and really wished I’d read the book first. It’s disturbing, and I have lots of FEELS and THOUGHTS on it, but I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve seen it all.
- Walking, and running loads. I love Spring so much, and being outside just makes my soul happy.
- Taking photos of all the beautiful things I see on my walks
- Trying lots of new recipes. I’m such a stick-in-the-mud, and would happily eat chicken everyday for dinner, but I’m forcing myself to mix it up, and I’m loving the variety.
I think this photo from my Instagram just about sums up my Spring feels, and everything I want to say about my Spring.
Second Chance Sunday – What happened here:
- [11 Apr] Boost It Tuesday – Grow your Facebook Page! 11.04.2017
- [12 Apr] The Cinderella Reflex by ★★★½
- [18 Apr] Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ★★★½
- [21 Apr] Hygge: The Danish Art of Happiness by Marie Tourell Søderberg
- [26 Apr] All Things New by Lauren Miller ★★★½
Second Chance Sunday – What happened in the blogosphere:
Paper Fury shares 10 THINGS #BOOKBLOGGERS SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT
The Bookworms’s Hoard asks Do You Share Negative Reviews on Social Media?
Girlxoxo shares MAY #BOOKBLOGGER EVENTS
Confessions of a Book Geek reveals her list of BOOK BLOGS YOU NEED TO FOLLOW
Books I have received to review:
The Hourglass by Tracy Rees is from NetGalley, and I’m loving historical fiction at the moment, so I grabbed it. Plus it’s set in Wales, which really appealed to me.
The Whole Thing Together by Ann Brashares was one of those impulse one-clicks from NetGalley. It’s a contemporary YA, and I loved the summery feel of the cover. And it’s set on Long Island. Can you tell I’m a sucker for locations!
Books I have bought:
I haven’t bought many books so far in 2017, as my goal is to catch up on books I already own. However Caraval is my next book club read, so I made an exception for it.
Everything You told Me by Lucy Dawson is my current audiobook from the library, and it’s gripping. A woman wakes up in a taxi with £400 pounds, at the other side of the country and a suicide note in her book, with no memory of how she got there. I’m listening every chance I get! Finally a book that it defeating my book slump 😀
So, that’s my week wrapped up. Happy Reading to all.
Talk to Trish: How was your week? And ummmhhh …..year really…. I suppose, as it has been so long so I talked to you all! Tell me one thing you are loving at the moment, either bookwise or beyond the books.