The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kim the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Grab a cuppa and let me bend your ear (eyes?) for a few minutes with all my bookish news. This week I am reviewing my 2016 goals!
Between My Sundays – what happened this week
2016 Goals Review:
I was inspired by Deborah’s post Two months until Christmas last week. It invigorated me and spurred me on to re-examine my goals for the year. There is still time to make changes and to end the year on a positive note. Some goals I’ve been plugging away at all year and others, yeah well, not so much.
THE BLOGGY GOALS FOR 2016
- My main goal for the blog is not to lose sight of why I blog. I do it because I’m passionate about books and want to indulge that side of my personality. So I want blogging to remain fun, to continue to bring me satisfaction and to be my creative outlet.
UPDATE : I’m doing ok with this one. Gradually, I’ve removed stress and guilt from the blog and I really enjoy blogging most of the time. And when I don’t feel in the zone, I back away gracefully from the laptop. Well maybe not gracefully but backing away happens.
- Feel free to take blog breaks as needed.
UPDATE: Done! Which helps with the above goal!
- My favourite posts are discussion posts, and I want to incorporate lots more of those in the year ahead.
UPDATE : I’ve done some but I could do a lot more. And I love writing these so I’m going to make it a priority goal for the next few weeks.
- To be a better commenter. I used to be better but I lagged a lot in the past twelve months, I want to do more for the blogging community as I have gotten so much from it.
UPDATE : I try!
THE BOOKISH GOALS FOR 2016
- To only read when I’m in the mood. No pressure, just read because I love it.
UPDATE : Acing this one!
- To re-read more. This is my top priority goal. I just don’t do it enough and I love that special relationship I have with old favourite books.
UPDATE : Damn it, I can’t think of a single book I’ve reread. Oophs. But I am rereading Harry Potter soon so it’s not a dead loss.
- To buy less, request less and read more of books I already have.
UPDATE : I haven’t bought many books this year and I’ve been using my library a lot more. Still have stacks upon stacks of my own books to read though! But that’s a nice problem so I don’t mind too much.
THE PERSONAL GOALS FOR 2016
- Finish my weight loss journey. Last year I lost 45 pounds, now it’s time to get to goal!
UPDATE : I keep gaining and losing the same 10 pounds! Basically I need to FOCUS. And stay FOCUSED. Most of all I need to back away from the crisps. While also making myself back in to the gym!
- Challenge myself. Try new things, say YES to opportunities.
UPDATE : I went to some blogging events so I’m counting this as a yes! And I studied some online writing classes which worked out well, even if I cringed at all the things I’m doing wrong.
- Focus on finding happiness in the little things.
UPDATE : I’m going to add this to my planner every day and try to really zone in on the small things. It seems that noticing what makes me happy, makes me feel even happier. So I want to give my self more of that.
I’m not doing so bad but I can do better. My motto for the rest of the year is going to be the one below.
Second Chance Sunday – What happened here lately:
- [31 Oct] Help Save a Book Soul for Halloween! The 2016 edition.
- [1 Nov] Boost It Tuesday – Grow your Facebook Page! #9
- [2 Nov] Ho-Ho-Ho Holiday Read-a-Thon : Let the fun begin! HoHoHo RAT 2016
- [4 Nov] The Daydreamer Detective Braves The Winter by S.J. Pajonas ★★★★
Second Chance Sunday – What caught my eye. Why not go Sunday visiting?
B.B Toady discusses Why She Rarely Reads Author Interviews. And I agree with her points, they don’t really interest me either unless I already love the author.
Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek reveals her 2016 Bookish Gift Guide With Exclusive Discounts. So much bookish goodness. I really want to treat myself to the book ends, they would look so good on my shelves.
Tanya @ girlxoxo shares all the November Book Blogger events. From witch week to HoHoHo readathon, there is something for all reading tastes.
Tracy @ Cornerfolds chats about The plight of book bloggers in 2016. All about the BEA debacle. Which makes me sad as BEA was always on my bucket list but it might now never happen.
Cynthia @ Binging on Books wonders How Do You Reign In Your Tbr? What madness is this Cynthia! I full intend to read the fifty zillion books on my Goodreads TBR!
Books I have received to review:
It’s Beginning to Look a Like Chick Lit is a seasonal anthology. If you’re interested, keep an eye on Amazon, it’s currently 99c but will be free soon.
Books I have bought:
I’m trying to resist new books and read for my own for a little while.
Home is book 11 in one of my favourites psychological thriller series. It has been a long time coming so I can’t wait to be reunited by Myron, Win and gang. Also it’s my first time trying a Harlan Coben book in audiobook format so I’m looking forward to seeing how that experiment goes. Finally, why not join me on Instagram? I use Instagram to capture a flavour of my life via books, nature and colour. Sharing my Sunday Shelfie today, always one of my favourite photos to take.
So, that’s my week wrapped up. Happy Reading to all. Talk to Trish: How was your week? Do you make goals and if you do, how often do you check in on them?