A few years ago, I could count the number of bookworms in my life on one hand. However since I discovered book blogs and became a blogger myself, I find myself happily surrounded by them. And quirky habits that I thought were unique to me turn out to be universal amongst our tribe!
I have noticed a lot of common traits between bloggers that I visit regularly and thought it would be fun to document them and see if you agree or disagree.
Common Traits in Bookworms:
– Ridiculous to-be-read lists that sprout rapidly every week
– Covers Matter!
– The book is always considered superior to the movie.
– They don’t like to travel without at least one book on hand.
– Books and book vouchers are top of their Christmas and birthday wishlists.
– Seeing someone else enjoying a book makes them smile.
– Seeing someone else enjoying a book that they love makes for an instant connection even if not a single word is uttered.
– They love alone time (aka reading time).
– They are good listeners because they are used to giving stories time to unfold.
– They are good problem solvers as they are exposed to a wide variety of issues via books. And they are used to considering various points of view.
– They are passionate about books they love and can plead a heartfelt case of just why you should read them too.
– Spending money on books is a necessity not a luxury and they will cut back in other areas if necessary to make this happen.
– They know the location of the best bookshop in every town they ever visited.
– Books trigger memories just like smells do for other people.
– Favourite book characters feel like real people to them.
Talk to Trish: Can you tick all boxes? Is there any trait that you have noticed that I have forgotten?