Hands up if you love books about sisters! I do and I gobble them down as there is just so much to explore in this fascinating family dynamic. I love how different sisters can be but how that strong that bond can be no matter how little you understand each others lives. And Her Sisters Shoes delves into this complex relationship with aplomb.Her Sister's Shoes by Ashley Farley
Published by self published on 24 June 2015
Genres: Contemporary, Emotions & Feelings, Family Life, Romance
Source: Received from Author
Buy on Amazon
Set in the South Carolina Lowcountry and packed with Southern charm and memorable characters, HER SISTER'S SHOES portrays three sisters—Samantha, Jackie, and Faith—who struggle to balance the demands of career and family while remaining true to themselves.
Samantha Sweeney has always been the glue that holds her family together, their go-to girl for love and support. When an ATV accident leaves her teenage son in a wheelchair, she loses her carefully constructed self-control.
In the after-gloom of her dreaded fiftieth birthday and the discovery of her husband’s infidelity, Jackie realizes she must reconnect with her former self to find the happiness she needs to move forward.
Faith lacks the courage to stand up to her abusive husband. She turns to her sisters for help, placing all their lives at risk.
In the midst of their individual challenges, the Sweeney sisters must cope with their mother’s mental decline. Is Lovie in the early stages of Alzheimer’s, or is her odd behavior normal for a woman her age? No one, including Lovie, understands her obsession with a rusty key she wears around her neck.
First Line of Her Sister’s Shoes by Ashley Farley:
“Lovie and Oscar Sweeney had been providing vacationers to the South Carolina coast with fresh-from-the-ocean seafood since opening their doors in May of 1959 – and little had changed since then.
What I loved about Her Sister’s Shoes by Ashley Farley:
– It’s a lovely tangled family saga about three very different sisters who are all at a crisis point in their lives. Their lives are all poles apart and all are likeable characters with touches of vulnerability about them which makes them engaging.
– There is a strong sense of small town setting which is a setting I love reading about
– Their family relationships are tricky which just came across as very realistic
– I love that it includes the extended family from their aging mother to all their children. Multi generation characters always appeal to me as I love to see various generations all learning from each other.
– I really enjoyed that it showed the struggles of trying to run a family business in the current harsh economic climate. Again that is just so relatable.
– It has a heart warming and romantic vibe to it
What I didn’t love so much about Her Sister’s Shoes by Ashley Farley:
– I felt it was very predictable and I didn’t feel any huge sense of anticipation of what would happen next. That isn’t to say I didn’t enjoy it, I did but I would have loved more unpredictability about it
Overall though Her Sister’s Shoes is a charming character driven read, just perfect for a light read in the sun. The overall mood is romantic and uplifting and full of family protectiveness feel good feels.
|Did I feel it?|
Who should read Her Sister’s Shoes by Ashley Farley?
I’d recommend this to fans of books about contemporary family sagas especially if you love books about sisters like I do. Fans of authors such as Elin Hildebrand, Diane Chamberlain and Maeve Binchy should also enjoy.
Thanks to Ashley Farley and Caffeinated Virtual Assistant for giving me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.