I’m typing this up and right now I don’t even know if I’m going to press publish or not (edit – obviously I did! I’m still not sure, I might end up deleting this). We’ll see. It’s like a private problem but then again weight is never private. It’s out there for all to see.
I have a long history with weight loss and weight gain. I’m the classic yoyo dieter and I’m sick of it. I want 2015 to be my last time losing weight. I want to beat this problem for once and for all and maybe going public will help me and maybe even help someone else who is beating themselves up over the same thing. About 4 years ago, I lost a lot of weight and felt great. I really thought I had this sorted. I was eating properly, exercising a lot and loving it. It wasn’t a chore, it was just my life and I was happy.
But then I got a huge knock back in my life about 18 months ago. We realised that due to the international adoption situation in Ireland that we were never going to be able to adopt and after 7 years of dedicating our lives to the pursuit of this, we withdrew our application. It was the toughest time of my life and being an emotional eater, I ate my way through the pain. Now though I have dealt with the closure of that chapter of my life and I feel ready, willing and able to tackle the weight again.
And I have lots of things in my favour. I love running. I enjoy eating healthy and I know how good I feel when I’m the weight I used to be. So I’m not beating myself up for putting on the weight. Shit happens and you just have to deal with and move on. I tried a few times last year to get back on the wagon but I just wasn’t ready. Now I feel I’m 100% emotionally and physically ready to tackle this so onwards and downwards!
– Hit my target weight (I’ve a long way to go but I’m not ready to put a figure on this yet).
– Feel good in my clothes
– Run in 5ks and 10ks regularly
My Losing Weight Plan
– building myself up slowly to run 5k. This will take a while as I have been doing very little exercise lately. But there is no rush, this is for life and there is no deadline attached.
– counting my points. Weight watchers works for me. And I use an app on my phone to track the points so it doesn’t feel like an effort to track them.
– to track no matter how good or bad I’ve been
– drinking water.
– being easy on myself. If I slip up, I’m just going to pick myself up and get back on track. This is the hardest thing for me to do as I can be an all or nothing person but I’m working hard on this.
– I’m only going to weigh myself once every two weeks as I don’t want to get obsessed by the scales.
Wish me luck! I’m going to be blogging on this regularly but not to any particular schedule. Probably once or twice a month. And as always if you are only here for the books, don’t worry they will be back on the blog tomorrow!