I can’t deny it, I’m a jumpy, nervy freak and even the smallest, unexpected noise or rustling sound all but makes me jump out of my skin. So limiting this to 10 things that scare me isn’t easy.
1. Mice and rats. Urrgghh, I can’t even. Even Roland Rat and Stuart Little frighten the life out of me. Moving swiftly on before I give myself nightmares.
2. The fear of losing someone I love. Again something I can’t bear to think of.
3. Horror films. I know thats the point of them but that person beside you in the cinema jumping 10 feet in the air? Sorry, that’s me!
4. Dogs that come running at me when I’m out walking. Now I’m a dog person, I love dogs that I know. But dogs I don’t know, that have no lead on them, heading in my direction, running and barking. So not my best friend.
5. Dying in pain. Needs no further explanation right. Who wouldn’t be scared of that.
6. The Apocalypse. I totally blame books for making me think way too much about this. On the plus side, thanks to all my reading I know some great survival skills but I’d prefer not to put them to the test!
7. Tsunamis. These used to feature a lot in my nightmares when I was younger and the thought of a giant wave horrifies me. The destruction and the potential loss of life and the visual image of them just freaks me out.
8. Leaves! Thankfully I’ve outgrown this one but when I was younger leaves blowing at me used to terrify me as I was sure they were coming to get me. My mother still tells a story of me screaming my head off out in our garden shrieking about all the whoo whoo leaves! I’m not proud!
9. Religious themed horror films. These scare the pants off me even more than plain old psycho killer horrors. I totally blame my superstitious Catholic upbringing.
10. Running out of books to read. ARRGGHHH! Say it will never happen!
Over to You: What scares you? Am I the biggest scaredy cat out there? Any on my list that you can empathise with?