1. I’m a klutz. I fall into things, trip over things, drop things, break things. I’m just not safe to be around.
2. I’m a cat lover and always have been. Socky is my fur baby, well she is 77 years old in cat years but always a baby to me.
3. I met my husband at a writers week festival. Neither of us were attending the writing workshops, we were just there for a night out!
4. I’m tone deaf but still sing loudly and badly while driving alone.
5. I have no spleen.
6. I went back to college a few years ago and qualified in the area I’m working in by studying part time. It was torture as I had no free time between a hectic full time job, attending lectures and studying. I’m glad I did it though.
7. I’m not artistic but I love art.
8. I love Italy and got married in Rome. I always knew I wanted something quiet and romantic for my wedding day as I’m not someone who likes being the centre of attention. Rome ticked all my boxes for me and it was perfect.
9. I dream of doing a triathlon some day. I’m ok with the running and cycling but the outdoor swimming intimidates me. This year I’m aiming to do an indoor sprint triathlon in my gym.
10. I’m not good with silence. I love background noise. Radio, TV, Music, anything bar silence even when reading or studying.
11. My favourite song from the last few years is Ho Hey by The Lumineers.
Answers to Asti’s Questions.
1. If you could be any character in a book you have read, who would you be and why? Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Why? Isn’t that obvious, I’d have Akivo! Plus I would be able to draw and experience life as an art student in Prague and when I got tired of that I could travel through the door portal to dozens of cities.
2. What’s your favourite non-book-related thing to do in your free time? Sitting in my garden, chatting with my husband. We have a great view and I could sit there forever chatting or lost in a daydream. It’s a nice spot for reading too. My favourite non lazy thing to do is go for a run.
3. Where is your least favourite spot to read? While travelling, I just can’t do it. I always end up with a headache. So I put down the book and turn up the music instead.
4. How often do you read during a day on average? Approx 2 to 3 hours, more at the weekends
5. If you had to give up all your books except one, which would you save? Dunno! Harry Potter maybe, it never gets old.
6. Do you ever multitask while reading? (Is that even possible?!) Totally possible Asti! I couldn’t read half as much if I didn’t multi task. I always read at the gym, it helps the time pass faster! I listen to music too so I get 3 for the price of 1! And I often read while cooking dinner. Which is probably why I often get the timing wrong!
7. What’s your biggest turn-off when reading a book? The dreaded love triangle. Overdone to death and bores me to death. Pick one and be done with it!
8. Have you ever destroyed a book (got it wet, stained with food, etc.)? Often! I’m a bit messy so often spill a drink on my book. And I’m still tramatised by a Famous Five book that I left out in a thunderstorm when I was a child, it was ruined and I was distraught! None destroyed on my lovely kindle though, I guard it with my life.
9. If you could start your blog all over again, would you do anything different? I would choose a different blog name. I literally decided to start a blog, went to blogger and came up with a name (Between the Lines) which was gone so I just kept typing and adding words until it accepted my name. And that is why I have a ridiculously long blog name (BetweenTheLinesIsAnEndlessStory)!
10. What would be the title of the book about your life? The Half Full Glass
11. How many licks does it take to get to the centre of a Tootsie Roll Pop? Dunno! I am useless at these questions. I’ll guess…*plucks random figure from the air*…..78!
I’ve ruled out those who have more than 200 followers and then selected those who I don’t think have already received it. Apologies if you have or if you don’t accept awards. Feel free to answer here also. That left me with:
11 Random Questions for my nominees and anyone else who wants join in on the comments!
1. If you could change your name, what name would you choose?
2. What is the best piece of blogging advise you ever got?
3. What is your worst habit?
4. What is your favourite book?
5. Where is your favourite place to read?
6. What is your ideal holiday?
7. If you were a colour, what colour would you be and why?
8. What would you do if you won the lottery?
9. Who was the last person you texted and what did it say?
10. What is the best dish you could cook for me? And thanks for offering 🙂
11. When did you last climb a tree?