Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by one of my favourite blogs – http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.ie – if you are not reading this blog, then you should be!
This weeks theme is Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun . I think this is a hard one for me, I like light and fun but I need my light and fun to have a bit of depth too or I get a bit bored.
1. Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt – I read this recently (review coming Thursday, so call back if you want my full thoughts!) and it ticks the boxes for light and fun perfectly.
2. A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty – Light, fun, quirky and zany. I really enjoyed this book, it was just so different to anything else I have read this year.
3. I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk. Or any of Lindsey’s other books. They are all warm, funny, girly reads, plus the main character is a blogger. Perfect with a bottle of wine and some chocolates.
4. The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella – First off this is nothing like the movie which I hated. The book is laugh-out-loud and a perfect pick-me-up read if I need cheering up. Plus it makes me feel positively frugal in comparison to the main character!
5. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott – I might be cheating with this one (told you the topic was hard for me), I don’t know if it’s light and fun but it’s another book I pick up to pick me up. So it makes me feel lighter, see – so I’m counting it!
6. Oh, the Places You’ll Go! by Dr Seuss – My all time favourite Dr Seuss, it’s uplifting and positive. And of course being Dr Seuss, it’s fun. I don’t really consider it light though, the message in it is powerful, profound and inspirational. A great one to read if you’re feeling stuck in a rut.
Bookish Chat : Did you find this topic as hard as I did? I really struggled (and cheated!) but I think I’m just not into fun/light books, I prefer my characters to suffer with horrible issues! Well better them than me! Is there any on my list that you loved? Or any light/fun book that you loved and recommend to try and convert me? Share away, comments make my day 🙂 And you want to make my day, right?