Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by one of my favourite blogs – http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.ie – if you are not reading this blog, then you should be!
This weeks theme is Ten Books that I recommend the most . I’m going to go with 7 only as this works better for me and I never was any good at following rules anyway.
1. Into The Woods by Tana French – one of my all time favourites. And you can also include any of Tana’s other 3 books in here too. They are all dark, mess with your head, psychological master pieces that will rattle you. More people NEED to read these.
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth – the blurb says one choice can transform you. I say if you have never read dystopia, one book can convert you. This is that book.
3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver – beautifully written, great world building, fantastic character development. Basically a book to get totally lost in. If you haven’t read this, you are missing out.
4. Slammed by Coleen Hoover – a book I have only read lately but now I’m recommending left, right and centre. Even if you don’t like YA/NA, this one is worth reading just for the slam poetry. It’s intense and engaging.
5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee – just because this is a book everyone should read at least once in their lifetime.
6. The Secret History by Donna Tart – a book that touched my bookish soul and left a lasting impression on there. If you have never read this (and there can’t be many in this category) then do immediately.
7. After Forever Ends by Melodie Ramone – a gem of a book. An Indie book so not well known but it deserves to be huge. I have been praising and raving about this book since I read it last month. Heart warming and laugh out loud funny, it shot straight onto my list of all time favourite books. If you want a book that makes you feel every emotion, here you go.
Bookish Chat : Well any of these on your list or any you think you will read? Let me know, I’m always hungry for comments! And if you are taking part in TTT, leave your link so I can come see your recommendations.